Sign up for the best home buying journey you can imagine!
We have some valuable information and advice to share with you that will help you enjoy your adventure home! Receive essential insights and current statistics into buying a home in Campbell River, Vancouver Island.
Here are a few key questions to help narrow down what you want in your home.
Your Dream Home Worksheet
- What type of home are you looking for? Detached or semi-detached?
- What style of home is best for you? Two-storey, bungalow, split-level, duplex, townhouse?
- What about the age of the home? Does the home need to be brand new?
- How many bedrooms and bathrooms do you need?
- What are you looking for in a kitchen? How about a family room? Do you want a separate dining room? What is your preferred layout?
- What are your high-priority features? Appliances, ensuite, fireplace?
- What other rooms do you need? Main floor laundry room, home office, hobby room?
- What about storage space? Basements? Lockers?
- Do you need a garage or extra parking spaces?
- Is energy efficiency important? Newer windows or a high-efficiency furnace?
- How long is your daily commute? How easy is it to get to the places you need to go?
- How close do you need to be to transit, shopping, schools, places of worship, and hospitals?
- Are there any important location factors? Backing on to parks? How about road traffic? Do you need to be on a quiet street?
- What size of yard are you looking for? Is the backyard important, or is a side yard enough? What about the front yard?
- What other landscaping features are important? A fenced yard, play areas, a pool, gardens, a patio?
- Is it important that the house faces a certain direction?
- Who are you sharing this home with and what are their needs? For example, pets might need a fenced yard, or extended family may want a separate entrance.
- How long do you plan to live here? This decision can impact the type of home, the location, and how much you will spend.
- How much do you want to invest beyond the purchase price of the home—both in terms of money and effort—if you can’t find all the features that you want?